How to Download MacOS Sonoma 14.2 RC – As we all know Mac users registered in the beta testing program for macOS Sonoma and can now get 14.2 available as a release candidate. Release Candidate builds will be typically the final version in the beta cycle. Apple also released RC builds for other beta system software such as iOS 17.2 RC, iPadOS 17.2 RC, watchOS 10.2 RC, and tvOS 17.2 RC.
Download MacOS Sonoma 14.2 RC
Here are the steps to find the RC build of Sonoma 14.2 from the software update mechanism of macOS:
- First, go to the Apple menu.
- Navigate to “System Settings”
- Choose the “General” option.
- Choose “Software Update”.
- Click on “Update Now”.
- You will see MacOS Sonoma 14.2.
When will macOS Sonoma 14.2 be released?
The macOS Sonoma 14.2 final version will be released to the general public by the end of next week December 2023.
MacOS Sonoma 14.2 RC Release Notes
This update introduces enhanced Autofill for PDFs and improvements to Messages and Weather. This release also includes other features, bug fixes, and security updates for your Mac.
– Enhanced AutoFill identifies fields in PDFs and other forms enabling you to populate them with information such as names and addresses from your contacts
– Catch-up arrow lets you easily jump to your first unread message in a conversation by clicking the arrow visible in the top-right corner
– Add sticker option in the context menu lets you add a sticker directly to a bubble
– Contact Key Verification provides automatic alerts and Contact Verification Codes to help verify people facing extraordinary digital threats are messaging only with the people they intend
– Precipitation amounts help you stay on top of rain and snow conditions for a given day over the next 10 days
– New widgets let you choose from next-hour precipitation, daily forecast, sunrise and sunset times, and current conditions such as Air Quality, Feels Like, and wind speed
– Wind map snapshot helps you quickly assess wind patterns and access the animated wind map overlay to prepare for forecasted wind conditions for the next 24 hours
– Multiple timers let you run several timers simultaneously and create a name for each timer
– Timer presets help you quickly start a timer with a range of preset options
– Recents makes it easy to restart your recently used timers
This update also includes the following new features:
– Favorite Songs Playlist in Apple Music lets you quickly get back to the songs you mark as favorites
– Use Listening History in Apple Music can be disabled in a Focus so music you listen to does not appear in Recently Played or influence your recommendations
– Shazam Music Recognition allows you to quickly identify songs playing online or around you, even when wearing AirPods
– New keyboard layouts provide support for 7 additional Sámi languages
– Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Also Read –